Home > PhD Program > Defend your thesis
defend your thesis
TWO MONTHS BEFOREHAND
A Commission of experts will review your application. Mind that the commission of experts is called the first week of each month. read more
The jury panel should be made of :
- Must imperatively be authorized to supervise research projects, holding a "Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches"
- Must be external to l'Ecole Polytechnique
- Must not have coauthered publication with the candidate
- Provide resume and publications list if they are foreigners
- Maximum 8 persons (including examiners and PhD supervisors)
- At least 50% of Professors or equivalent (CNRS head of research)
- At least one A rate member of staff at l'Ecole Polytechnique
ONE MONTH BEFOREHAND
Once the commission of experts has given its approval and having regard for the examiners reports EDX makes the final decision whether or not to make for Defence.
THE DAY YOU DEFEND
The jury will design a Chairman
The Chairman is responsible for drawing up a Defence report
The Chairman gives his approval, or not, for Thesis reprints on the report
The original of the Thesis report together with the various forms should be transmitted to EDX as soon as possible
AFTER THE DEFENCE
No latter than 3 months after your Defence you should provide EDX with
- 2 copies of your final Thesis (9 copies if you are funded by the DGA) and all the documents provided by EDX
- The registration form for defended Thesis
- The copyright authorisation Diploma cannot be issued until these requirements have been satisfied.